HeadlinesOctober 18, 2010
- Improving assessment
- Potter dredging turns up time capsules, trash and treasure
- School of Social Welfare lands $13 million grant to help improve lives of foster children
- Chancellors Club Research, Teaching Awards announced
- KU reaches record level in research expenditures
- Professor profile: The art of pronunciation
- Watkins offers flu shot clinics for employees
- 'Media Memes' exhibit takes collaborative approach to explore meaning of photos
- Giving to KU reaches record $110 million
- School of Business earns funding to support, expand programs with U.S. Army
- 'Generations Project' aims to improve services to families with at-risk children
- Researchers work to improve prevention of cancer among Latino, American Indian communities
- Shankel takes part in 10th version of cancer research conference born at KU
- Faculty, staff encouraged to help stock professional clothing closet for students
Faculty, staff encouraged to help stock professional clothing closet for students
Delta Epsilon Iota, a career-focused honor society, is holding a clothing drive during October and encouraging faculty and staff to help stock a professional clothing closet for KU students.
The professional clothing closet will provide students with free, gently used clothes that can be worn to job interviews and career fairs.
First impressions are crucial when it comes to looking for a job, said Nate Phillips, Delta Epsilon Iota president. Many students dont have extra money to spend on professional clothing, and we want to give them a way to look and feel confident.
The clothing closet is seeking
Full suits (coat and pants or skirt)
Contemporary suit jackets or blazers
Shirts/blouses appropriate to wear underneath a suit coat
Skirts in darker colors such as black, brown or dark gray
New dress socks and nylons
Donations can be dropped off year-round at the University Career Center, 110 Burge Union, or during the month of October in designated bins at several locations on campus, including:
Business Career Services Center, 125 Summerfield Hall
Anschutz Sports Pavilion, Room 2619
Sabatini Multicultural Resource Center
Student Involvement and Leadership Center
University Advising Center
Those making donations can request a receipt for tax purposes. Any unusable clothing will be donated to the local Goodwill.
The professional clothing closet will open to all KU students Feb. 1. It will be located at the University Career Center.