HeadlinesNovember 15, 2010
- Going for green
- School of Medicine adding four year program in Salina, expanding in Wichita
- Juola helps program robot to serve elderly
- Professor profile: Focusing on the solution
- One year later, KU shown to be leader in open access scholarship
- Godwin to help lead cancer center's drug discovery efforts
- Parking restrictions for home basketball games announced
- E-mail servers to be upgraded; inbox storage to be increased
- Search committee named to find new School of Business dean
- Five faculty members nominated for HOPE Award
- KU more than doubles neurosurgery department
- Answers given for frequently asked severe weather questions
Parking restrictions for home basketball games announced
The 2010-11 basketball season has tipped off. Home games mean extra traffic on campus and changes to parking regulations.
There are seven games scheduled on weeknights when classes are in session. The games are listed below by date, day of the week, opponent, tip off time and time parking lots will close.
• Nov. 15, Monday, Valparaiso, 7 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
• Nov. 19, Friday, North Texas, 7 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
• Nov. 23, Tuesday, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, 7 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
• Dec. 2, Thursday, UCLA, 8 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
• Feb. 7, Monday, Missouri, 8 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
• Feb. 21, Monday, Oklahoma State, 8 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
• March 2, Wednesday, Texas A&M, 8 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
Student parking lots 71, 72, 90, 125 and 127 will be preempted. Students attending classes after 5:30 p.m. can park in lots 34, 61 and 62 with a valid parking permit.
Faculty/staff parking lots 19, 33, 54 and 70 will be preempted. Lots that have “reserved” signs, including 6, 7, 17, 35, 37 and 129, are reserved for faculty and staff permits.
On Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings, faculty and staff are encouraged to use Park and Ride. Any faculty or staff member with a valid KU parking permit may park in lots 301 and 302, near the Multidisciplinary Research Building. A bus will take riders to the main campus. The Park and Ride buses run every 30 minutes from 5:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Parking lots 91, a red lot, and 94, yellow, at Memorial Stadium also have a bus connection to reach Jayhawk Boulevard and buildings near Allen Fieldhouse. The bus route, No. 42, runs every 30 minutes during the evenings until 10:30 p.m.
For more information, visit parking.ku.edu or call at (785) 864-PARK.